Sunday, June 01, 2014

Efforts, big and small

So while at the R&R Marathon I heard that there was a mini marathon. Not knowing what that could be I had to look it up. Really……….. a 5K? More people are running marathons, mud runs, color runs and the dreaded R-word (a race series I do not mention out of respect for the old goat).  I started running at one of the best trail races ever while in Indiana. Paper plates with magic marker arrows and the cupboard soup at the finish. I was less than fast and took many walk breaks (still not really fast) but trudged on to have a blast.

What ever gets people off the couch is great! I still love getting a medal after a race, the best ones being hand made. But why is there a desire to overstate the distances? Can we give credit for any run and the guts to pin on a bib and toe the line?

No comments: