Monday, March 03, 2008

Lunch!


A few weeks back I went up the mountain to try out my new snow shoes. I had a blast tromping around. It took me just around three hours to get a way past halfway camp. On a dry day I can do it in around forty five minutes. That might give an idea of how much more energy it takes to break trail. It started to get a little windy so I stopped and donned my goretex, mm.....cozy. I could have stayed out for hours but decided to turn back. I stopped in a nice sunny spot for a bit of lunch. I LOVE my jet boil. Lightweight, fast, and compact. I also picked the spot to practice some self arrest skills. The slope was perfect but the snow wasn't. I climbed up some fifty feet and proceeded to sit and SINK. No sliding today. All the better, my wife doesn't like it when I do stuff like that when I'm alone. I did some glissading on 3/1/08. Man you can get going fast! Oh, you learn how to stop with the ice axe when you are speeding down the snow feet first.

No comments: