Tuesday, September 02, 2008

San G.(new)PR


This is me being really lazy. I posted a quick trip report on the SGWA message board and simply pasted here.
My camera took a crap on me so my pics did not turn out but I will post a pic of my favorite hiking buddy from our recent trip up Mt. Tallac in S. Lake Tahoe



Yea!!!
Trip reports. Mine will be short. I left the lower parking lot late 8:00am Saturday. I was not sure if I was going to go to the summit. I figure if I made it to 10,000ft in good time I'd be happy. I also was not so sure about the weather as well. I packed light for a speedy trip, no jacket, no sweater, only a pair of arm wamers to knock off the chill and enough gells and bars for a few hours. I started from the lower parking lot with a nice jog to the trail head. made to the top of the first mile and had the rangers sign my permit. Only the third time I have had one signed. After a little chit chat with Paul, I was off. I decided not to stop till I hit the summit. Much to my suprise I made the summit in 2:52:08 my fastest time up Vivian Creek. Took around 2:10 to get down. Another fantastic day in the SGWA!!!!

No comments: