Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Will I or won't I?

That seems to be the question right now. I waited and waited to see if the Javelina Jundred was getting full. I checked right before the AC and ther were only 75 people signed up. No biggie right? Well hell a week later it was full.............SHIT........... I generally do wait cuz I'm a lazy bastard by nature. If I acctually sign up before hand I have to train......Who likes training? I do, I really do. It gives a purpose to getting out on the trail, gets you out there when you don't want to, lets you cancell things you don't want to do ex. dinner dates or family obligations. "Sorry I have to train, can't stay out late".

So I contacted the RD for Javelina and sent my app off anyway. I really hoping that they will oversell the race and let me in OR soe more people will drop out and some spots will open up. Either way the wait is driving me nuts. Do I go crazy and train for it or sit back and get my winter chubby on? Donuts, cheese burgers, mmmmmmmmmm.

1 comment:

Mary Christine said...

I think you will get in - so go ahead and train! I agree about training giving you focus and an excuse to get out of stuff.

And I like your blog.