Thursday, June 06, 2013

Ramping up

Wow,
I am the laziest blogger out there. I look back and there are so many cool things that have slipped my mind. Volunteering for Keira at Griffith Park trail Marathon, running Calico 50k, running Leona Divide 50k, and celebrating the fact that we have lived in our own home for a year!

So as I am ramping up for SD100 this weekend I have to give credit where credit is due. Running Ultras can be one heck of a selfish endeavor. It's all about me for over 24 hrs, more like a week. I have all the prep of sorting, packing and fretting. The actual race and then the stiff legged snivelling for days after. My wife is amazing! She not only puts up with my crap, captains my crew (which is usually only her) but is my biggest cheerleader. We were reminiscing about WS in 2010 and I will never forget the smile on her face as I met up with her and we jogged in the final mile. It was pure joy.
And if you don't know WS100 is a terrible race to crew. Huge amounts of driving for very little time spent together. I am a lucky man. I love you Chicken!

No comments: