Sunday, January 05, 2014

Friendship

I'll be the first to admit I am intermittent about blog posting. It's partly because I think I am lazy but largely I think it's because I want to wait till I have something to say rather than the ramblings of a serial self inflated asshole.

I am thinking about friendship. What kind of friend am I, what kind of friend do I want to be, what do I admire in people to want to call them friend?

Social media has expanded and narrowed friendship in the same moment. I have over ### of friends on my social media page, most of which I have never met and never will. Does this mean I am liked? What does this say about me? I am told, it's none of my business what other people think of me, and for quite a few years it really worked. I drank, smoked and did things without regard of the consequences. My motto "If I can't remember, it didn't happen".

The longer I am in recovery the more I care about how people view me but at the same time there are only a select few people whose opinions matter to me. Yet another Yin and Yang concept in practice. It's made simple.



No comments: